- Six injured, including two police, in car crash
- Man dies in Omagh crash as car collides with horse
- Dozens hurt as 130 vehicles crash
- A cyclist has died following a collision with a lorry in West Dulwich on the same day as Boris Johnson launched a cycle safety initiative targetting HGVs
- Dilston car crash claims the life of teenager girl
- Freight company fined £50,000 after worker hit by falling pallets
- John Lewis to pay £40m to staff for holiday pay inaccuracy
- Eight people injured - two seriously - in seven car crash on M25
- M25 car accident kills girls
- Man dies after falling down stairs on double
- Driver training exemption set to cut costs and bureaucracy
- £7 million funding for Cumbria
- Man arrested after girl injured in hit and run
- Train crash in Norfolk leaves eight people injured
- £7.4m fined has been handed to Swinton over add-ons
- £112,000 paid to punters injured by London cycle hire scheme
- Take a less than half a minute test to see if you could claim compensation for personal injury
- Students Injury Compensation
- Road traffic accident claims made easy
- Cyclists make up a quarter of London traffic, official census finds
- Road traffic collision on B4425 near Barnsley hospitalises three women, two in critical condition at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford
- £10m payout in personal injury claim for Newcastle man
- Road crash variations 'a mystery'
£112,000 paid to punters injured by London cycle hire scheme
People claiming injury or property damage against London’s cycle hire scheme (Boris Bikes) have been paid more than £112,000 in compensation.
In total of 9 claims been made for “personal injury” and forty three for “property damage”. Out of these, eleven are still to be resolved, however TfL is yet to defy any claims in courts.
Transport for London said a total of £112,420.84 has been handed out in recompense since the launch of its flagship Barclays Hire in July 2010.
The figures, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, come as police investigate the death of a woman who collided with a lorry while riding a Boris Bike. It is the first death of someone using the cycle hire scheme since its launch. The 20-year-old was pronounced dead in hospital following the collision on Friday in east London.