Criminal Injury Claims
You may be the Victim of an attack by an individual or group and there has been a prosecution by the police to the offending party. Whilst this in principal will give you some satisfaction, you are still entitled to claim compensation for the injuries you suffered as a result of the attack. There is a Government scheme set up for such eventualities called the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
- Ensure the assault is reported to the police
- Seek medical attention for your injuries
- The assault must have happened within the last two years
- The assault should not have been caused or you should not have contributed to the incident in any way
- You can claim even if the person committing the assault was not actually prosecuted by the police
In order to make a claim you need the following
As long as your particular case meets certain criteria - you may be able to claim. We at Accident Injury Solicitors can help you make your claim through the CICA scheme.