- Six injured, including two police, in car crash
- Man dies in Omagh crash as car collides with horse
- Dozens hurt as 130 vehicles crash
- A cyclist has died following a collision with a lorry in West Dulwich on the same day as Boris Johnson launched a cycle safety initiative targetting HGVs
- Dilston car crash claims the life of teenager girl
- Freight company fined £50,000 after worker hit by falling pallets
- John Lewis to pay £40m to staff for holiday pay inaccuracy
- Eight people injured - two seriously - in seven car crash on M25
- M25 car accident kills girls
- Man dies after falling down stairs on double
- Driver training exemption set to cut costs and bureaucracy
- £7 million funding for Cumbria
- Man arrested after girl injured in hit and run
- Train crash in Norfolk leaves eight people injured
- £7.4m fined has been handed to Swinton over add-ons
- £112,000 paid to punters injured by London cycle hire scheme
- Take a less than half a minute test to see if you could claim compensation for personal injury
- Students Injury Compensation
- Road traffic accident claims made easy
- Cyclists make up a quarter of London traffic, official census finds
- Road traffic collision on B4425 near Barnsley hospitalises three women, two in critical condition at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford
- £10m payout in personal injury claim for Newcastle man
- Road crash variations 'a mystery'
Man dies after falling down stairs on double
The 46-year-old, who walked with the help of a crutch, was following his partner up the stairs when he fell and injured himself
A man died after falling down stairs on a double-decker bus.
The 46-year-old, who walked with the help of a crutch, was following his partner up the stairs when he fell and injured himself.
He was taken to hospital but died later.
Now police have launched an investigation into the incident on the 383 Stagecoach bus in Stockport on Friday night.
The man, who had a carrier bag in his left hand and the crutch in his right hand, had boarded with his partner at Longshut Lane at around 5.30pm.
The bus was due to travel from Stockport town centre to Marple Bridge.
The man was part way up the stairs when he fell.
He was treated in hospital for a head injury but died later in the evening.
Inspector Matthew Bailey-Smith, of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Greater Manchester Police, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses who were travelling last night at around 5.30pm on the 383 bus, which goes from Stockport town centre to the Marple Bridge area, to please get in touch with us. "
Police confirmed the bus was moving at the time of the incident.
A spokesperson for Stagecoach Manchester said: "We can confirm that a incident took place on the number 383 bus at Longshut Lane, Stockport, at around 17.30 on Friday 9 August in which a male passenger fell down the steps of the double-decker bus and sustained head injuries.
"We were later informed that the passenger had sadly passed away in hospital following the incident."Our first thoughts and sympathies are with the family and loved ones of the man who has died. The safety of our passengers is our absolute priority and we will give every assistance to the Greater Manchester Police in their investigation into this incident."