Free Ipad for Your Claim...
Free iPad for your claim
CALL US NOW: 0800 048 8833

Related Pages

Criminal Injury Compensation Claims Guide UK
“Don’t sit back - go for it - it works”
“Slipped and broke my elbow.
“I found their approach very genuine;
“Somebody hit our car

Occupier’s Liability

If you are the occupier of a premises, or it can be argued you are the occupier, you have a duty of care under the Occupiers’ Liability Act to ensure the safety of all visitors to your premises.

This duty of care might include ensuring a building is well-maintained through a documented process of checks and repairs, or making sure warnings of any hazards such as an especially steep stairway, or a wet floor are given clearly and unambiguously.

You can be classed as a visitor in a number of different ways, and the occupier has differing duties depending on what type of visitor you are. If, for example, you are a guest in a hotel, the highest level of care should be offered. If you are a friend invited to a party, for example, the duty of care required is reduced.

Where children are regular visitors to a property, extra measures should be taken, as it should be assumed minor are less careful by nature.

Even if you did not have permission to be on the premises, you may be able to make a claim for injury under the Occupier’s Liability Act, however, the duty of care required if you were found to be trespassing is much lower.

If you have injured yourself on someone else’s property, as a result of the occupier’s negligence (no matter your reason for visiting) you may be able to make a claim for injury. In order to receive free advice about whether you have a claim, contact Accident Injury solicitors today on 0800 048 8833 or via our contact form.

Call back
Type of claim:
Best day to call:
Best time to call: